Immigration to Canada continues as always as Canada has been chosen as one of the top countries for living. If you are a foreigner who intends to immigrate to Canada , would you give up if your immigration application is refused ?
At this point, however, it is important that you know your rights under the law with the help of an attorney who understands immigration appeal.
In Canada, not all applications for immigration are accepted; some get denied too. If you think you’re qualified, why not appeal against the immigration refusal decision?
The good thing is that both immigrants and refugees can still make an appeal in the Federal Court of Canada (subject to some pending changes about refugee appeals due to come soon), whether their visa or immigration application is rejected by an immigration officer overseas because of legal errors and negative judgments, or the Immigration and Refugee Board refused their refugee claims because they misunderstood key facts.
Having an experienced and competent immigration appeal lawyer to handle cases on behalf of the client provides both benefits and possibilities as well.
If an immigrant or refugee believes that the decision on their case is wrong, an immigration appeal may be so that the case will be resubmitted for review, by a different decision-maker.
Immigration appeal is a really complex matter, and is usually not easy to comprehend by an ordinary person. That is because immigration appeal is subject to strict legal, evidenciary and procedural rules which the Federal Court consistently enforces.
To save people from wasting time feeling frustrated while attempting to sort out the difficulties, working with an immigration attorney can be a practical and indeed necessary option so that your appeal rights are aggressively defended.
Unlike other kinds of lawyers who spend more time handling civil disputes, immigration lawyers devote their time and resources advising, guiding, and counseling foreign clients who are dealing with Canadian immigration application requirements and the respective authorities that handle them, especially regarding issues on visa application, citizenship, deportation, and employment.
In addition, they make the necessary appearances if clients are facing an immigration hearing.
The services of an immigration appeal lawyer are necessary when prospective clients need assistance with some required documents they need to prepare and submit. This is so when there are language and communication barriers.
Some compelling situations include the following:
- If the client’s immigration application has been unfairly refused without giving them a chance to present their case legally
- If prior refusal of immigration is in the client’s records.
- If the client has been convicted of a crime, which requires the disclosure of criminal records or if situations of immigration misrepresentation are involved
- If the client has a serious medical condition rendering them medically inadmissible to Canada or if situations of financial inadmissibility to Canada are involved
- If the client was previously deported from Canada or barred from entering Canada requiring rehabilitation applications or submission
- If the client is not assisted by their prospective employer regarding immigration matters or issues in giving details of their job duties and responsibilities
- If the client has been waiting longer for his/her immigration application than the usual processing time
- If the client has started the application process, but is clueless of the next step to take and is hearing different things from different people
Choosing experienced Immigration Lawyer
There are many immigration lawyers in Toronto that people can choose to work with. Of course, many of them will say their services are very affordable, but the most important factor that should be taken into consideration is their capacity to listen to clients and be in regular contact, and the clients’ capacity to follow their advice.At Citizenship and Immigration Centre, we are committed to ongoing client contact, always returning their inquiries in a timely manner; we listen to our clients because we firmly believe that no one knows a client’s case better than themselves; and continuous monitoring of progress of the case is our philosophy. We ensure, whether it is an immigration application or an immigration appeal case, that the client’s rights are aggressively defended so as to obtain the best possible result – ultimate success.